Ingredients (makes 8-10):
- 3/4 cup grated carrot 🥕
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- Grated rind of one orange or lemon (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or any flour)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed or chia seed with 3 tbsp water for egg substitute. If you aren’t vegan, use an egg!!!
- 1/2 cup almond milk (Moo Free Beverages)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup pepitas, or walnuts or any nuts. (optional)
- 3 tbsp almond butter, sun butter or oil of your choice (melted coconut, almond, canola)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin
2. Place chia or flax and water in a small bowl and set aside as the egg.
3. Mash the banana in a bowl. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, nut butter or oil , milk, spices and add flax egg last. Mix well.
4. Fold in carrot and orange rind. Add flour, soda, pepitas and baking powder and fold until combined.
5. Fill muffin tin. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 and enjoy.