- 225g (1/2 package) Thai vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup extra-firm tofu , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 1 Cup fresh bean sprouts
- Green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Limes
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 Tbsp packed brown sugar, coconut sugar or other sweetener
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Hot sauce to taste, optional
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions, set aside.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl (can leave out hot sauce to offer for serving instead), set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add tofu, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until onion is clear and tender.
4. Stir in noodles, sauce, sprouts and peanuts.
5. Garnish with green onion, cilantro, peanuts and lime wedges. Serve immediately!