- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut kefir (or yogurt)
- 1 (19oz) can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Rice (brown, white, jasmine or basmati)
- Combine spices with kefir/yogurt. Chill for at least 30min.
- Cook onions and chickpeas in oil until onions are clear. Crush tomatoes by hand then stir in with onions and chickpeas. Let simmer 3-5 min.
- Stir in coconut milk fully, then stir in kefir mixture. Simmer uncovered until sauce thickens, about 15min.
- Serve over rice! Tastes extra delish the next day ;)